Sunday, October 18, 2009

Baby Girl


I love Ethnie. I mean, not a little bit, but a whole lot. I go away in the morning to work and school and I actually think of her several times during the day and coming home I can't wait to get back home to see her. Maybe this is how I should have felt about all my kids, but for whatever reason I never really did. I love them all and I think I love them more and more as time goes on, but I never really felt this way about any of them when they were small. I am not exactly sure what is going on, but I think I must have been asleep or something when the last four kids were little. It is so fun to see her smile and cry and crawl and eat and drool and fall and play and stand and everything else she does (which isn't a whole lot more than that). I can just sit and watch her do things and not get bored. I am pretty sure Molly could do that with all of them when they were small. But I couldn't. Molly would say, "oh Shanie just look at her (or him) doing this (or that)" and I would have a look and say, "yeah, that is pretty cute" and then go back to what I was doing. It was never fascinating to me the way it is with Ethnie. It's like I am watching a kid grow up for the first time. I could always see in Molly's eyes the fascination with them and kind of thought it was cute how infatuated with them she was, but I never really got it. But now for some reason I get it. It is so fun. And she is so great. I am glad she came along.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

Shane, you're so sweet. How fun for you to see and feel things differently with Ethnie. Babies are just so great! We're glad she came along too!

Rachel said...

So cute! What a fun daddy :)

Molly said...

I am happy too! Seeing you really excited to have a baby and then having such a good time with her has been so great. Better late than never!