Monday, September 22, 2008

Cats!

Me and Molly went to the play "Cats" the other day (by Andrew Lloyd Weber). It was very different than I thought it would be. I didn't know anything about it before we went so I guess my expectations were along the lines of a great story like Les Miserables or Phantom of the Opera. But I was mistaken. For the first half of the show I just kept trying to figure out what the story was about and was feeling rather dense for not being able to follow the story very well. Then during the intermission I at last realized that there was no storyline. Well at least not much of one. It was just kind of a collection of different little songs and dances about different cats and their individual personalities. I will have to say that I didn't enjoy the first half. But after I realized that there wasn't a story to the play I tried to enjoy it for what it was and the second half was better. The dancing was nice and the singing was good. I would have to say that I would still have to rate it third of the three Broadway shows I have seen. But the Memories song was really nice. Almost made Molly cry. I would probably not recommend the play to anyone but those infatuated with cats and their crazy antics. Personally I have never been a cat lover. Don't get me wrong, I like cats. I just have never had one and so have never gotten attached to any to the point were I think they are great. But it was fun to go out with Molly and watch a show.

3 comments:

Molly said...

cats...alien cats. That's what it was about.

Shelli said...

I saw this play last year and I felt the same way. I did not like it at all! What is a play without a plot line? Besides that- people dressing up and acting like cats is creepy!!!

Rachel said...

Okay, I've checked a couple of times, but you didn't have anything on here before! Welcome to the blogging world, Shane! (And you just clinched it--I will never see Cats. I never had a desire to before, I definitely don't now.)