Monday, October 27, 2008

First Snow In Tooele 2008

Well it snowed for the first time a couple weeks ago. I think it was the weekend of the 11th, but I could be wrong. The snow didn't last long (it was all melted by noon) but it was a mad rush in the morning when the kids woke up and saw snow outside. They were all rushing around trying to find their coats and gloves and boots. So me and the kids went out and had some fun. At first Zoe didn't want to go out, but once she saw all of us having a good time she came out. The kids love jumping on the trampoline with snow on it. They started throwing snow at me so pretty soon it was a big snowball fight, me against the four of them. I think I won.Luke kept falling over and his boots kept coming off. He would then take his gloves off to try to put his boots back on and after failing at that he wouldn't be able to get his gloves back on either. So pretty soon he had cold hands and feet. But he didn't want to come in. Lila and Luke and I made a snow man and put it up on the porch so that it would be out of the sun and last a little longer. I think it lasted all day Saturday and most of Sunday before it was just a lump of snow. We used baby carrots for the face.


The first snow is usually the funnest snow. But really any time the kids can convince me to go and play with them in the snow it turns out pretty fun. And of course anytime we go out in the snow, we have to have hot chocolate when we come back in. Sometimes that's the best part

No comments: