I went camping with Luke for the annual father's and son's campout. It was pretty fun. We hiked all over the mountain finding sticks and rocks (not for a fire, just because Luke thought they were neat). Then we roasted some 'mallows and hit the sack. We didn't put up a tent. I just threw a mattress in the back of the suburban, so we laid in there watching Tangled on my ipod until Luke fell asleep. Not very traditional I guess, but it was comfy and warm. He looks kind of bored in this picture, but he loved it. I let him play with the fire as much as he wanted (with some guidance) and let him carry around my pocket knife and whittle sticks. He loved it.
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Really cute picture.
Ben and Kaden put a mattress in the van for fathers and sons. I guess it is the camping way of this generation.
I have used an air matress in the back of the van for the past couple of years as well. It fits perfectly and works great.
Post a Comment