Sunday, November 23, 2008

Molly's Birthday!

It was Molly's 30th Birthday last Monday. So I knew this party had to be HUGE! Well we normally we have pizza and soda and a cake for a party so I thought I had better up the ante a bit. I bought streamers and balloons and a silvery shiny happy birthday banner to go with the pizza and soda and cake. I put up the banner before I left for work in the morning so she could see that much when she woke up. She loved it! Then she had to be in Salt Lake that afternoon for an ultrasound to verify that our baby didn't have brain problems (and luckily it didn't - which is good because it would have been a bad birthday present for her to find out otherwise). So after the ultrasound we went to her favorite restaurant, The Olive Garden, and ate lunch. It was delicious. Then we found out her parents where in town and coming to visit us in the evening so that was fun news. When I got home from work I sent her to her room so I could wrap the presents with the kids. And we got to work decorating the place. In addition to the streamers and balloons, I also bought a shiny red plastic tablecloth and pink plates and little celebration blower things. She came out when we were done and thought it was great. I know it seems dumb, but it is a lot more than we usually do for a birthday so I think it made her feel nice. Here is Luke pointing out the obvious:
We had a great time. We ate pizza and drank soda and Molly wanted cheesecake for her cake so she found a recipe online for a white-chocolate raspberry cheesecake that looked delicious so she decided she wanted to make that. It turned out great. I am not a cheesecake lover, but I loved it. Maybe she will post the recipe. And I bought candles that said "sparklers" on them so I thought that would be fun too. After I lit them they looked like sparklers. And an added bonus was that they were the kind that came back after she blew them out so Luke loved that. And he got to help blow them out. I don't think anyone minded having his spit all over the cake either. Here is a picture of the birthday girl and her cake.

Here is a picture of the Larsen grandparents and Zoe and Lila.
It was a great time. Even though there was no piƱata I think it was a birthday to remember.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You did good, Shane! Molly looks really happy, and that is the best birthday a girl can have--to be happy!

Colleen said...

Wow, I made white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for my birthday too! Good stuff.

Sorry, I'm a bit late, but I just found your blog and wanted to tell you what mine is so you can find that crockpot one I was telling you about. Mine is fasterthanpete.com

Colleen said...

(That comment about the crockpot was for Molly...)